Kale, Blueberry & Strawberry Salad
Kale and blueberries are most commonly associated with summer and autumn, but if you’re looking for a highly nutritious meal to get you feeling good after a few days of indulgence, then this salad is a great option no matter what time of year it is.
Serves: 1 Person
- 1 pinch Black Pepper
- 0.5 x Lime juice only
- 1 pinch Salt
- 50 g SuperValu Blueberries
- 2 tsp SuperValu Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 25 g SuperValu Goodness Flaked Almonds
- 1 handfull SuperValu Kale tough ribs removed and leaves finely chopped
- 1 tbsp SuperValu Pine Nuts
- 6 x SuperValu Strawberries chopped
1. Toast the almonds and pine nuts in a hot dry pan for a few minutes, tossing regularly. Once they begin to brown, tip them out onto a plate.
2. Place the kale in a salad bowl, drizzle over the oil and massage it into the leaves. Add the lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat the leaves with the juice and seasoning. Top with the blueberries, strawberries and nuts and serve straight away.
Tip: If you want to boost the protein content of this salad, simply add some leftover roast chicken.
1015786000, 1016398003, 1511054000, 1014035000, 1370618000, 1014042000, 1019078000
Thanks for printing this recipe - SuperValu Team