Carr’s Sundried Tomato Ciabatta with Basil Pesto and Caramelised Onion
by Chef Adrian Martin
All the taste of bread combined with the lightness and crunch of a cracker, Carr’s Ciabatta Crackers are a must have for everyone’s cupboard. Not only they are so delicious, but they are also oven baked, a good source of fibre and with no artificial colours and flavours. Available in three varieties, you’ll be spoilt for choice this New Year!
- For the pesto
- 2 handfuls of basil
- 50g of roasted pine nut
- 2 cloves of garlic
- A good glug of olive oil
- Some grated Parmesan
- For the red onion
- 2 red onions sliced
- 200ml of good quality balsamic vinegar
- 100ml of honey
- To garnish
- 50g crumbled goats cheese
1. In a saucepan sweat the red opinion firstly in some oil for 2/3 minutes. Add in the balsamic vinegar and honey and reduce to a low heat to caramelise and soften.
2. Meanwhile in a pestle and mortar break up the pine nuts and garlic with a good pinch of salt. Now add the basil leaves and blend until a pulp forms. Drizzle in the olive oil and season with the parmesan cheese.
3. Now you can build it all. Place down the pesto first over the ciabatta crackers. Next on with the red onion and finally topped with the goats cheese. If you want to go the extra mile you can place it under the grill for two minutes to let the cheese colour and melt slightly.
1541669001, 1592795002, 1014042000, 1023017000, 1511054000, 1250841000, 1258724001, 1029199000, 1008546000, 1182337000,
Thanks for printing this recipe - SuperValu Team