Vegan Sausage & Bean Stew
by The Happy Pear
This substantial stew also works great as a burrito filling with some avocado for a perfect midweek dinner. If you think of it, take the sausages out of the freezer and leave them to thaw in the fridge during the day.
Serves 3 People
- 2 tbsp oil
- 6 Linda McCartney vegan sausages, thawed and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 x 400g tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 80g tomato purée
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- salt and pepper
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
1. Put a medium-sized pan on a high heat. Once hot, add the oil and sausages and cook for about 3 minutes, until the sausages start to turn golden and char slightly.
2. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan except the coriander. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for a couple of minutes. Taste and season with salt and pepper if you think it needs it, then stir in the coriander and ladle the stew into bowls.
1511054000, 1036527000, 1017680000, 1428120000, 1050445000, 1007759000, 1023017000, 1151878000, 1028410001, 102290300, 1028412000, 1028031001, 1592795000,
Thanks for printing this recipe - SuperValu Team