Pearl Barley Salad w/ Roasted Cauliflower, Feta & Pomegranate
by Niall Breslin
This salad is perfect for all your summer barbecues. The crispy cauliflower, soft pearl barley and zingy but sweet orange dressing are a nice combination.
Serves: 4 People
- 750 ml Chicken Stock Cube
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 0.5 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 0.5 tsp Ground Ginger
- 3 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 300 g Pearl Barley
- 1 pinch Pepper
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 head SuperValu Cauliflower cut into florets
- 100 g SuperValu Feta Cheese cut into cubes
- 1 handfull SuperValu Fresh Mint leaves
- 1 x SuperValu Orange zest and juice
- 1 x SuperValu Pomegranate seeds removed
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
2. Place the cauliflower on a roasting tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, sprinkle with the garlic and spices, season with salt and pepper and toss to evenly coat. Roast in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden and crispy.
3. Meanwhile, place the pearl barley and stock in a medium-sized pan set over a medium to high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes, until all the stock has been absorbed and the pearl barley is fully cooked.
4. Place the orange zest and juice and the honey in a large bowl and stir to combine. Add the cooked pearl barley and toss to coat.
5. Transfer the pearl barley to a serving platter and spread it out. Top with the roasted cauliflower, feta, pomegranate seeds and mint.
1013855001, 1024796001, 1350611001, 1350598000, 1350591000, 1024362000, 1511054000, 1013935000, 1024097000, 1210139000, 1592795004, 1180310000, 1089163000
Thanks for printing this recipe - SuperValu Team