Indian Butter Bean, Spinach & Coconut Curry
by The Happy Pear
A really simple, easy curry that’s perfect as a midweek dinner. Serve with couscous, noodles or any grain of choice – the pre-cooked brown rice and quinoa that are now available in store works great here too.
Serves 2 to 4 People
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 100g sweet potato or regular potato, scrubbed and grated
- 1 courgette, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ carrot, scrubbed and grated
- 1½ tsp salt
- 3 x 400g tins of butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 100g baby spinach
- ½ lemon, juice only
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- a pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp chilli flakes, to garnish
- toasted cashew nuts, to garnish
1. Put the oil in a medium pan over a high heat. Once it’s hot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Add the potato, courgette, carrot and salt and cook for 3 minutes, stirring continuously.
2. Add the beans, coconut milk, vegetable stock and curry powder and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer and cook for a further 3 minutes.
3. Stir in the spinach, lemon juice and tamari or soy sauce. Cook for another couple of minutes, until the spinach has wilted.
4. Remove from the heat. Taste and season with more salt or pepper if you think it needs it. To serve, garnish with the chilli flakes and some toasted cashews.
1511054000, 1002482001, 1023017000, 1165338000, 1419569000, 1086702000, 1329765000, 1008127000, 1023595000, 264173001, 1350523001, 1030330000, 1024720000, 1028410001, 1028031001, 1028042001, 1014023000,
Thanks for printing this recipe - SuperValu Team