Serves: 1 Person
1. Put two small frying pans over a medium heat and add a drizzle of rapeseed oil to both pans. You’ll be using one pan for the cod and one for the veg.
2. Add the shallot and garlic to the first pan, then reduce the heat to low. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until softened, then add the beetroot and cook for a further 4 minutes, until that’s softened too.
3. Meanwhile, season your fish with salt and pepper and put it in the other pan, flesh side down. Cook for 4 minutes on each side, until cooked through.
4. Just before the veg are finished cooking, drizzle in some balsamic vinegar, then season with salt and pepper and a little pinch of sugar to correct the seasoning if need be.
5. To serve, place the bed of veg on a plate. Top with the cooked cod, a handful of mixed leaves and a drizzle of rapeseed oil and that’s your home alone cod done!