Serves 4 People
FOR THE POTATO ROSTI:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas mark 6.
2. Spread the tapenade on the racks of lamb and set aside.
3. Mix together the breadcrumbs, goat’s cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, herbs and some salt and pepper, then press the breadcrumb mixture onto the tapenade-covered lamb racks.
4. Scatter the red onion wedges over the bottom of a roasting tray and drizzle with the olive oil and seasoning, then place the lamb racks on top of the onions.
5. Roast the lamb in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes for medium. Allow to rest for 5 or 10 minutes if possible. Carve as required, but I would normally allow three bones per person.
6. While the lamb is roasting, make the rosti. Place the grated potatoes on a clean tea towel. Fold the towel around the potato to form a ball and squeeze it firmly to remove as much water as possible from the potatoes. Place the grated potato in a large bowl. Add the garlic, rosemary and some salt and pepper and stir to combine.
7. Melt the butter and oil in a very large frying pan set on a medium–low heat. Take small handfuls of the grated potato and form into little patties about 4cm in diameter. Place each potato disc on the pan and cook for 5 to 6 minutes on each side. When they are cooked they should be crisp and dry.
8. Serve the lamb with the rosti and roasted red onions.